Shimmering, glistening, glowing — all words we would like to describe our visage, yet all difficult to achieve thanks to the bitter cold weather we’re battling. To help you channel that subtle glow, we called on professional makeup artist Emma Willis to create a glimmering beauty look you can wear day or night. The result? Radiant romance at its best.
1. Willis used em Michelle Phan Makeup Mood Enhancer in Golden Light as an illuminating primer.
2. To highlight and give a subtle glow, she tapped em Michelle Phan Makeup Mood Enhancer in the Golden Hour on model Whitney’s cheekbones, down the bridge of her nose and on her brow bones.
3. Willis blended Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin on the cheekbones to add a dewy sheen.
4. To set everything in place, she dusted Giorgio Armani Belladonna Palette Highlighter over the cheeks.
1. Using Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Sienna Sultry, Willis brushed the shimmering peach base shade all over the upper lid and lower lash line.
2. Next, she took the champagne shimmer shade from the palette and blended it on the brow bones and the inner corners of the eyes.
3. To add dimension, Willis brushed the bronze shade from the palette in the center of her lid and blended with a fluffy eyeshadow brush.
4. For the finishing touch, she traced black cream eyeliner along the lash line, curled the lashes and added a swipe of black mascara.
1. Willis filled in the lips with a pinky-brown nude lip liner like Lancôme Le Lipstique in Natural Mauve.
2. To stain the base, she used Maybelline Superstay 24 Color in Constant Toast.
3. Finally, she added a light-reflecting gloss over the lips to give a shimmery finish.
What’s your favorite way to wear shimmery makeup? Tell us in the comments!
Makeup artist: Emma Willis for Contour Fossa
Model: Whitney Hice
Photographer: Joshua Shelton Photography