Breaking up is hard to do. If it wasn’t, revenge-induced haircuts, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and Taylor Swift’s Grammys just wouldn’t exist. Since we know it may be difficult to let go of some of your most loyal cosmetic companions, here are 7 signs it’s time to replace the goods.
1. Your concealer covers less than Miley Cyrus’ nude bodysuit.
3. When applying your product, you giggle and ration, “YOLO.”
MDC Solution: While we appreciate the sentiment, we like to use the “one life to live” thought process as an incentive to look our best. Go bold but sophisticated with full brows and a touch of living-on-the-edge eyeliner.
4. The inside of your makeup bag looks more “science experiment explosion” than “cosmetic smorgasbord.”
MDC Solution: Repair what you can (here are some tips on salvaging broken makeup) and know when it’s time to let go of goods that have seen better days.
5. You’ve uttered the sentence, “I’ve been wearing this since middle school!”
MDC Solution: While we fully advocate wearing what works for you, try going outside your color comfort zone with these gorgeous fall colors.
6. You used the same cosmetics for your zombie costume last Halloween.
MDC Solution: Satiate your flair for theatrics with something a bit less costume-y, likebright blush or a colorful cat eye.
7. Your friends respond with “LOL” when you Snapchat an earnest photo of your makeup.