Spring Beauty: Ombré Lip Tutorial
Perfectly cherry-colored ombré pouts made their debut backstage at the Jason Wu Spring 2013 show. (You might recall spotting this trend last year when design duo Viktor & Rolf showcased subtly gradient kissers in their Spring 2012 runway show.) While ombré lips might read editorial, you’d be surprised to learn that this look is easily attainable and totally doable for day-today life. That’s why we are going to give you the lowdown on how to create an office-appropriate ombré lip in just 6 simple steps!
What You Will Need
- Lip conditioner
- Bold-colored lipstick
- Lip brush
- A piece of paper
- Cotton swab
- Condition lips with lip balm.
- Fold your piece of paper in half.
- Unfold paper and draw lipstick along the centerline of the folded piece of paper (about 1.5” long).
- Fold paper in half again and carefully press lips down onto the lipstick line. (Be sure to wipe away any extra color that might have gotten on your face beyond your inner lip area.)
- Using your lip brush, lightly blend the lipstick from the center of your lip out toward the middle (do not go all the way to the edge of the lip).
- Carefully trace the outside edge of your lips with a cotton swab and voila—you’ve got yourself a fabulously understated ombré lip!
To create the look above, we used the following products (but feel free to experiment with your favorite bold spring lipstick colors):
- Lip Conditioner: Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1
- Lipstick: Maybelline ColorSensational Lipcolor in Red Revolution
To make this lip look last all day, follow the steps outlined above and then give our matte lipstick trick a try to ensure the color stays put!
Are you going to give this ombré lip a try?
What makeup tutorial would you like us to cover next? Tweet us your suggestions @makeupdotcom!