Peanut butter and jelly. Milk and cookies. Macaroni and cheese. We’re all familiar with those delicious duos that make life a little (OK, a whole lot) better. Here’s a thought: Why not extend this love for perfect pairings to your summer makeup? As you already know, summer beauty is all about standing out, and when it comes to color, a dynamic duo can be your ticket to success. To better help you on your quest for the perfect summer look, we enlisted the help of professional makeup artist Tara Shakespeare for Contour Fossa, who came up with three fabulous looks for this season’s hottest color combos.
Teal Eyes + Orange Lip
1. Brush your eyelid with a shimmery natural-colored shadow like The Body Shop Colour Crush Eye Shadow in Oh Honey.
2. Take a teal eyeliner (we love Maybelline Eye Studio Master Duo 2-in-1 Glossy Liquid Liner in Glossy Teal) and line your lower waterline, leaving the end slightly winged out.
3. Apply mascara.
4. Line your lips with an invisible lip liner, and then apply a bright orange lipstick to finish the look. Tara used L’Oréal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Orange Tempo.
Cobalt Eyes + Coral Lips
1. Using an angled brush and cream-based cobalt shadow like Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Electric Blue, draw a thick line along the lashline, winging out the ends.
2. Apply a shimmery pigment that is a similar shade to the one used in Step 1. Use a shadow brush to blur the line along the lashes.
3. Swipe on some coral lipstick. Tara opted for Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Bang.
Gold Eyes + Bubble Gum Pink Lips
1. Brush gold shadow (try Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eye Shadow in Gold Blitz) across your entire lid and into the crease.
2. Apply a warm brown shadow along the outer crease and blend well.
3. To complete the look, Tara applied a bubble gum-pink lipstick.
What are your favorite summer color combos? Sound off in the comments below.
Photos: Joshua M Shelton Photography
Makeup: Tara Shakespeare
Model: Rose Costa