Be Knotty: A Tied Up Twist on the Classic Pony
The ponytail – it’s classic. It’s the one style that is simple enough for even the most hair handicapped woman to tame and there are more versions of the ‘do than there are covers of The Beatles’ track Yesterday. Just when we thought we had done them all (hello, we even know how to lengthen our ponytail without extensions), a variation comes along that is chic, quick and only requires a bobby pin or two to hold in place. Yes, that’s right, the knotted ponytail is a brilliant twist on the classic pony that you’ll want to be tied up in for years. If you want to get knotty (get your mind out of the gutter!), follow these steps…
1. Using your hands, separate your hair into two even parts.
2. Take each handful of hair and tie your locks into a knot at the nape of your neck.
3. Make sure to hold your hair fairly tight as to create a firm knot, then tie your hair into another knot.
4. You’ll want to pull tight enough that your two knots are pressed firmly against each other, but not so tight your hair looks taut. A soft, low hanging look is what you want.
5. Using a bobby pin, pin your two knots together where they overlap – slightly underneath your hair on the side and straight up into the knot. This will hold your knots together and keep your look going strong all day long.
And there you have it! Now you can add this ponytail to your ever growing arsenal of effortless hairstyles.
What’s your favorite way to wear a ponytail? Share with us below and maybe you’ll introduce us to a new must-try look!