Sweet Pink: A Valentine’s Day Beauty Tutorial
Candy hearts, chocolate-covered strawberries, sugar cookies sprinkled with purple and pink confetti—Valentine’s Day really is the sweetest holiday. And since we’re not much in the kitchen, we cooked up a sweet pink beauty look instead. We turned to pink enthusiast and professional makeup artist Emma Willis to help us craft this feminine and flirty look perfect for a V-Day date with your sweet, or an evening of chocolate martinis with your closest girlfriends.
- Start with a moisturizing primer like L’Oréal RevitaLift Moisture Blur. Then apply foundation.
- Apply cream conceal with a brush and blend with your finger. Set it all in place with a dusting of translucent powder like Dermablend Loose Setting Powder.
- Dust bright pink blush on the apples of the cheeks and blend with a clean brush.
- Contour the hollows of the cheeks and along the jaw line, extending down the center of the neck.
- Use a pale pink shimmer powder to highlight the tops of the cheekbones and the center of the nose.
- Apply a light wash of an eggshell-colored eye shadow all over the eyelid and the inner corner of the eye. Choose a shade that has a slight shimmer like Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Zephyr.
- Use a flat brush to press Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow in Pink Rebel onto the center of the lid.
- Cover the bright pink shadow with a touch of superfine glitter. Try Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Glitter Rock.
- Build some intensity with dark brown eye shadow. Blend the liner shade of Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad in Chai Latte in the crease.
- Smudge a thin line of black cream eyeliner like Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Crème D’Eyeliner in Deep Black along the upper and lower lash lines and add black mascara.
- Apply a light layer of L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Pink Flamingo and blot.
- Top it off with a shimmery soft pink gloss in the center of the lips. Try Lancôme Color Fever Gloss in Flushed Rose.
What do you think of this sweet all pink look? Would you wear pink on your lips, cheeks and lids? Tell us below!
Photos: Joshua M Shelton Photography
Hair and Makeup: Emma Willis for Contour Fossa
Model: Sabrine Ferretti