Most people think of two colors when it comes to Valentine’s Day: pink and red. We’ve already got pink covered (check out our Sweet Pink V-Day tutorial), so red would seem the next logical shade to highlight. But if there’s anything we pride ourselves on here at MDC, it’s breaking beauty conventions and taking risks. As much as we love a classic red lip, we wanted something outside of the box to showcase as our second Valentine’s Day look – something a bit more dramatic, something sultry, something…violet.
This look is for all the V-Day vixens out there –you know who you are. If you have a penchant for the dramatic and would never dream of showing up at a romantic dinner without your signature sultry eyeliner perfectly in place, this look is for you. Flutter away, you teasea robe , you.
1. Create a smooth base for your look by applying a full coverage foundation with a beauty sponge (Scantlin used MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation in NC25).
2. Brush a tan contouring powder like the one in Lancôme Star Bronzer Palette – Bronze Essenceacross your forehead and under your cheekbones.
3. Dust a pink blush on the apples of your cheeks for a rosy glow.
1. Apply a light wash of purple cream eyeshadow like Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Gel Shadow in Painted Purpleacross your lid using a brush. Blend in with a rounded eyeshadow brush.
2. Press a bright matte purple shadow in the inner corners of your eyes and blend it across your crease (Scantlin used one from L’Oréal Colour Riche Eyeshadow Quad in Hollywood Icon).
3. Take a shimmery light purple eyeshadow like the one from YSL Parisian Nite Palette in Avenue Marceau and blend it into your crease. Using the dark plum shadow from the same palette, press it along your crease, extend it out and blend out any harsh lines.
4. Now for drama – line your eyes with em Michelle Phan waterliner in Royal Amethyst on the bottom waterline and go over with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Riot to accentuate the color.
5. Apply a purple foil cream eyeshadow like Stila Magnificent Metals in Metallic Black Tanzanite in the center of your lid.
6. Finish with false lashes and a swipe of black eyeliner on your top lid.