Whether you were out dancing and throwing back cocktails all night, or studying for major final exams, when we don’t get enough sleep the first place it shows is our face. Not getting enough rest can instantly make our eyes puffy, our skin patchy, and our overall essence just plain drab. With these simple steps, you’ll look like you got a full 8 hours of beauty sleep, even if it was really just 2 or 3 (or none).
1. Massage your visage. Take a few minutes in the morning and really massage your moisturizer or serum into your face. Facial massage is a great tool to get the blood circulation moving and to help diminish wrinkles — we know you’re not complaining about that!
2. Highlight. Use a highlighting concealer around the brows, under the eyes, down the nose, and above the lips and chin. Then blend with a foundation brush. This will instantly help you appear more awake and alert. Remember not to put too much under the eyes as adding too much makeup can enhance puffiness. Instead, mix concealer and eye cream together for a soft, natural finish.
Product Picks: YSL Touche Eclat, Giorgio Armani High Precision Concealer #1, Nuance Cosmetics "Front and Center" Concealer and Brightener
3. Illuminate. Add a few drops of liquid illuminator to your foundation or tinted moisturizer. This will give a dewy and fresh glow to the skin, making it appear more supple and hydrated.
Product Picks: MAC Strobe Cream, Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #10, Lancome Renergie Elcat Multi-Lift
4. Top eyeliner only. Use eyeliner on the top lid only, blending in between the lashes. Avoid lining the bottom to keep liner from smudging and enhancing dark circles.
Product Picks: Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in "Black Ink," Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner, Maybelline Unstoppable Smudge Proof Waterproof Eyeliner
5. Hydrate. Drink hot water with lemon or a nice big bottle of water as soon as you wake up. This will help brighten your eyes and reduce puffiness. The more hydrated you are, the better your skin will look. And you’ll even feel less tired!
What are some of your tips to faking 8 hours of beauty sleep? Let me know in the comments below!