Win a Rebecca Minkoff Bag Filled With Our Beauty Favorites (“Promotion”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. Go to www.Twitter.com and either: log in under your existing account, or create an account if you do not have one. Then enter simply by becoming a follower on “@makeupdotcom” Twitter accounts are subject to the Twitter Rules and all Twitter terms and conditions. A person may enter only once. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible. At the end of the Promotion Period one entry will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries. Entrants must have a valid Twitter account and respond to our notification within seventy-two hours. Only followers of Makeup.com that are visible to Makeup.com through Twitter are eligible.
2. Start/End Dates. Promotion begins at 12 pm ET on April 25, 2013 and ends at 8pm ET on April 28, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen or older as of date of entry. This promotion may only be entered in or from the fifty United States and the District of Columbia. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. Void outside of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Everyday Health Media, LLC or L’Oreal USA, Inc (together “Sponsor”) and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse), or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. One winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted approximately three (3) days after the end of the Promotion Period. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Everyday Health, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
5. Prize. Each winner will receive one Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, one Giorgio Armani Light Master Makeup Primer, one Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer, one Lancome Hypnose Star Waterproof Mascara, one Lancome Le Stylo Long Lasting Eyeliner, one Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in F-Bomb, one Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Adrenaline, one Essie Nail Color in No Baggage Please, one Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Desperation, one Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Easy Baked, one YSL Hip Coat Nail Color, one YSL Violine Surrealiste, one Maybelline Color Whisper , and one Maybelline Colorstay 24 hr Eyeshadow in Silver Strike. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $510.00. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner shall be responsible for any and all unspecified expenses.
6. Notification. The winners will be notified by tweet and direct message approximately three (3) days after selection. Winner will required to contact Sponsor as instructed to provide contact information within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. Winners may be required to sign and return, where legal, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, or other confirmatory document, within seven (7) days of prize notification. If a winner (i) does not respond to Sponsor’s notice within seventy-two (72) hour of first notification; (ii) does not return any required affidavits or releases within seven (7) day of notification; or (iii) rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner agree to release and hold harmless Twitter, Sponsor, and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants who use multiple Twitter accounts to enter, do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized Twitter account holder submitted at time of entry. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized Twitter account holder. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, Web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the New York or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York). Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the State of New York. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
11. List of Winners/Winner’s Name. To obtain a name of a winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within one month of the end of the Promotion Period to: Everyday Health Media, LLC, c/o Makeup.com Giveaway, 345 Hudson Street, 16th floor, New York, New York, 10014.
Everyday Health Media, LLC, 345 Hudson Street, 16th floor, New York, New York, 10014.
L’Oreal USA, Inc., 575 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10017
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter.
Copyright © 2013 Everyday Health Media, LLC. All rights reserved.