Sep 30, 2015 Spotlight
We’ve all been there. You go on that perfect date with the perfect guy, the kind that makes you want to scribble his name (and yours with a new last name) over and over in your journal. You anxiously wait for the follow-up text or phone call that will determine your future with Mr. Dreamboat. You wait and wait … and wait. Nothing. Suddenly, you start to get that itch, that urge to cave in and send that text that, at face value, reads “Hey there!”, but really means “Do you want to be with me forever and ever?” Sending this text puts a lot of things on the line: your heart, your dignity and most all, your sanity.
Save yourself the stress by avoiding this digital downward spiral and practicing restraint. Be patient and allow Cupid to do his job. There are so many other things you could be doing with your hands besides sending a nerve-racking text as your romantic life hangs in the balance. We say skip the drama and be productive! Here are 10 things to do with your hands that don’t involve texting Mr. Right (or Wrong).
1. Make a Face Mask. When he works on your nerves, you work on your pretty.
2. Give Yourself a Facial, While You’re At It. That princess mug deserves the royal treatment.
3. Organize Your Makeup Drawer. Focus your mind on color-coding your lipsticks, not Mr. Easy-On-the-Eyes.
4. Clean Your Makeup Brushes. Because water, soap and texting don’t mix
5. Perfect Your Cat Eye -- and 6 New Variations. In the event that this guy texts you, you’re gonna need a wow-worthy makeup look for that follow-up date.
6. Learn How to Do a Fishtail Braid. It used to seem so complicated. But, now, it pales in comparison to your love life.
7. Mani/Pedi It Up. Let’s face it, when your nails are on point, your confidence levels skyrocket.
8. Try That Nail Art Tutorial That You’ve Never Had Time For. Anything to keep those digits busy for long spans of time.
9. Take Selfies. Work those angles.
What are your strategies for texting restraint? Spill in the comments below.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!