Twiggy; Edie Sedgwick; Jane Birkin—they’re just a few of our favorite 1960’s icon that continually leave us wishing we could transport back in time (but bring our smartphones). To finish off our week of iconic beauty looks from decades past, we teamed up with Lancôme and professional makeup artist Emma Willisfor Contour Fossa Makeup & Hair to create the perfect 60’s look for Halloween. Pair this playful look with your best shift dress and over-the-knee boots for mod perfection.
1. Spray hair with a heat protectant and part your hair to one side to create a deep side part.
2. Pull the front half of your hair forward, and backcomb the back half to add volume.
3. Flat iron the two front sections of your hair.
4. Divide the back of your hair into two sections and put the bottom half in a ponytail.
5. Make a bun with the ponytail and pin it in place.
6. Coil the top half of your back section (the teased part) underneath itself to form a voluminous wave.
7. Pull two 1-inch sections from each side of the front and lay them flat against the head, pinned to the bun.
8. Set with hairspray.
Fill us in below—are you feeling groovy, baby? Okay, even if you’re not committed to using that Austin Powers-tinged word, we’d love to hear what you think of this look! Don’t forget to check out our two previous Halloween tutorials, 1920’s and 1950’s.
Plus, don’t miss our fabulous Halloween giveaway! We’re giving away all of the product you need to create your favorite of our Halloween beauty tutorials—click here for all the details! Photos: Joshua M Shelton for Makeup.comModel: Syklar Feinberg