When it comes to beauty for the everyday girl, Team MDC has you covered in spades. But even the most bona fide beauty experts can use a little inspiration straight from the runway. Our friends at Beautystreams specialize in breaking down the latest trends in high fashion so that you can make the look work for you, catwalk optional.
Bang! Pow! Kaboom! Andy Warhol's Factory girls are back on the scene. They’re youthful, flirty, and fun!
Hedi Slimane’s Fall 2014 collection for Saint Laurent is at the epicenter of this modern youthquake. The aftershocks can be felt in ‘60s style A-line shift dresses, capes, and micro-miniskirts. Like Warhol's iconic serial silk-screen printing images, the models all sport different hair colors with long and center-parted styles.
To achieve the look, start with smooth, matte foundation. A dusting of pink blush over the full cheek lends a fresh, somewhat innocent quality. Lush, spidery lashes are accentuated by thick, winged liner, and contrasted with glossy, mauve lips. Overgrown, Nico-style bangs graze the brows, while hair is kept long and straight. For added impact, go for copper red and platinum blonde tones, for a look that’s sure to get you those “15 minutes of fame”!
Get the Look: MDC Tells You How!
Look like the face of the ‘60s with this Twiggy-inspired eye-popping cat eye and massive lash attack — because MDC will never say no to luscious lashes! Perfect for a fun night out with the girls or if you’re just in the mood for some added attention! To help us with this babydoll skin and lash look, we’ve enlisted the help of LA-based Makeup Artist Alana Dawn.
1. Start off with an all-over matte finish and a dust of pink from the apples of your cheeks to your temples! Apply a primer to your lids and just underneath your eyes like L’Oréal Paris De-Crease Eye Shadow Base. To really make your look stand out, use an eye brightening pencil like NYX Wonder Pencil along your waterline.
2. Using a black gel liner like YSL Effet Faux Cils Crème D’ Eyeliner in Deep Black, line your top lids with a thick, defined cat eye with a brush like Urban Decay Perversion Angled Brush. Apply the gel liner along your lower lash line as well.
3. Re-line your lower lash line and the inner corners of your eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo for added depth and contrast against the dark gel! Now for the fun part!
4. Apply a fuller set of falsies to top lids for a long, wispy look and a lighter set to your bottom row of lashes. Not great with fake lashes? Layer up the Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Very Black!
5. Finish off your beauty look with a softer, mauve lip gloss like Urban Decay Naked in Lovechild to get a pretty dollface pout!
What’s your favorite throwback-inspired look? Let us know in the comments below!
About the Author:Our goal is to create a beauty experience that’s personalized, educational and, most of all, fun.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
THANK YOU! YOU ARE NOW SIGNED UP
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!