There are numerous beauty tools out there from spoolies to sponges and brushes galore. But, what happens when you’re in a rush and your essentials are lost in the depths of your makeup drawer — possibly never to be seen again? You go into your kitchen and grab this unexpected utensil — a spoon. Spoons aren’t just for food anymore! Here are the tricks on how to officially integrate one into your beauty routine.
1. Hold a spoon underneath your lower lashes to efficiently coat them with mascara, without the mess. For extra-dramatic lashes, try Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.
2. When your lash curler is MIA, place the back end of a spoon against your lid and lightly press your lashes against the edge for dramatic curl!
3. Woke up to dreaded puffy under eye bags? Throw two spoons in the freezer while you get ready for your day and once they’re cold, gently glide them underneath your eyes from the inner to outer corners in order to drain fluid and also reduce puffiness in a pinch.
4. As if contouring isn’t tricky enough! Make it easier by placing a spoon over the apples of your cheeks and brush a little sculpting powder (we love Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer in Medium Bronze) just below. Make sure to blend out any lines!
5. Perfect your cat eye by using the handle of a spoon to assist you in drawing a straight, winged line, then flip the spoon and use the rounded edge to create the curved tip!
6. Spoon uses don’t stop at makeup! Use the tip of a spoon to gently push back your cuticles when there’s no time for your monthly mani.
7. Help heal a new pimple by applying a hot (but, comfortable) spoon to it until it cools off. Run hot water over the spoon, and test the temperature on the back of your hand before applying it to your face.
Are there any spoon beauty tricks you love? Let us know in the comments below!
Model: Angela Melero
About the Author:Diana creates on-trend beauty content for Makeup.com readers. She stays up-to-date on the latest beauty news and product launches and tests every makeup item that comes through the door. As an employee of L’Oréal, Diana writes stories about beauty products across the entire brand portfolio.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!