Trying to perfect your eye shadow can turn into hours of staring at yourself in the bathroom mirror — usually with a pile of tissues stacked up by your side. Luckily, perfectly imperfect makeup is a trending theme this fall, which makes getting ready for a night out a whooole lot easier. Land these two blurred looks in a matter of minutes and go out and have some real fun.
1. The Blue Blurred Cat Eye
1. To ensure long-lasting wear, prep your eyelids with an eye shadow primer like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
2. Using a wet, angled liner brush, apply a thick line of electric blue eye shadow like Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow in Brash Blue on the top lash line and wing it out.
3. Using the same brush, softly dust the edges of the eyeliner to give it a slightly blurred (not smoked out) effect. Finish off with a swipe of mascara (we love L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara) and you’re good to go!
2. Dusty Taupe Blurred Shadow
1. Prep your lids with either an eye shadow primer or waterproof concealer like Lancôme Effacernes.
RELATED: Why This Waterproof Concealer Will Be Your Best Friend
2. Apply a matte, pale brown like Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Tease all over the lid and slightly over the crease.
3. Mix a pale golden beige with a shimmery dark bronze (like Suspect and Snakebite in the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette) and work the shadow into the crease and sockets. Buff the color outward, so the result is a soft, cloudy look around the eyes.
4. Apply the same matte, pale brown (Tease) to the lower lash line and blend it out. Thinly line your top lash line and lower waterline with a kohl eyeliner like Maybelline Master Kajal.
5. Make your blurred shadow really stand out by applying a dab of highlighter to the lower half of your brow bone, above your crease. We’re currently obsessed with the L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator.