It’s the end of the week, and you’re looking a little more nap-ready than date-ready. The bad news: while fluorescent lights are never flattering, the reflection in the mirror may not be as deceiving as you would hope. The good news: we can help. With a little lipstick and few other quick tips, you can take your look from desk to dinner and still make your reservation.
1. Refresh your face. Being stuck inside an office all day can leave your skin feeling dry and looking a little lackluster. Bring life back to your skin with a facial mist. Our favorite complexion reviver is Shu Uermura Depsea Water Facial Mist. Use just a spritz for an added dose of hydration. As a bonus, it will also refresh your morning’s makeup application.
2. Make the eyes pop. After a long day of staring at a computer screen, your peepers may need an extra boost to look their best. Brighten tired eyes with a touch of highlighter at the brow bones and the inner corners of your eyes. Add a fresh coat of mascara, and you’ll be ready to bat your lashes all night long.
3. Add a little glow. No need to go full on bronzed babe, but a light dusting of color will do wonders for your post-work complexion. Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess and Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer in Golden Sand are two of our top picks. Beauty Bonus: sweep bronzer into the crease of your eye for a quick and easy eyeshadow alternative.
4. Play up your pout. Nothing takes a look from daytime to date night like a bold lip. Avoid the maintenance factor of lip gloss, and opt for the easy application and staying power of matte lipstick. One swipe of your never-fail lipstick is a surefire way to flip your switch instantly from work mode to date mode. When the clock strikes five, we reach for our favorite punchy pink, Lancôme Color Design in Socialite.
5. Pump up the volume. Don’t let flat hair keep you from feeling your flirtiest. When the day has clearly taken it’s toll on you ’do, all you can do is flip your head over, tousle it up and spray it in place. A blast of root-lifting spray, like Garnier Fructis Style Hi-Rise Lift Root Booster or SachaJuan Volume Powder, will help fight end-of-day flatness. But never underestimate the power of your trusty travel-size hairspray—we keep a mini L'Oréal Elnett Satin Hairspray Strong Hold in our purse for emergencies.
What’s your go-to lipstick shade for date night? Share your favorites in the comments!