“Shimmer” and “glow” are two words we actively search for when we’re scoping out new beauty products, and this red carpet season has already featured countless radiant looks to recreate in our spare time. Last night’s winner (and the gal we’re seriously crushing on) is Lupita Nyong’o. The actress debuted shimmery eyeshadow, luminous skin and a neutral lustrous lip that’s completely on-trend and worked perfectly with her silver gown.
“I wanted to play off the iridescent sheen of her dress that reminds me of beautiful, sleek serpent by focusing on the shine on eyes and reflect that serpent-like quality with fierce eyeliner and luminous skin,” explained Nyong'o's makeup artist Nick Barose.
Here’s how to get the look — from celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose himself:
1) Start by prepping your skin with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum followed by Lancôme Advanced Génifique Light Pearl on the eyes.
2) Apply Lancôme La Base Pro primer to the T-zone.
3) Use Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid Foundation and Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer. Set with Lancôme Translucence Pressed Powder.
4) Add glow with the new Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Custom Glow Drops. Apply just a small amount onto the highpoint of your cheekbones using a damp makeup sponge. Use the leftover product on the bridge of your nose.
5) Lightly add Lancôme Blush Subtil in Shimmer Petite Pomegranate onto the apples of your cheeks.
1) Brush Lancôme Sourcils Brow Gel in Clear to build shape and then fill in your brows with Lancôme Les Sourcils Definis pencil in Noir to make your eyebrow shape fuller and longer at the tails.
2) Apply Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara onto your lashes, followed by Lancôme Monsieur Big Eyeliner Marker along the eyelid.
3) Smudge your eyeshadow on the lids and use a damp brush to apply Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in All that Shimmers on the eyelids and brow bones, followed by theLancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in It List on the outer corners. Extend it out a bit for subtle drama.
1) Prep your lips with Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells Nourishing Lip Balm.
2) Line and fill your lips with Lancôme Le Lipstique in Raisinberry and then top it off with Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick in Rendez-Vous.