Coachella is in full swing, and this year’s festival lineup is just getting started, with Electric Daisy Carnival, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza (and so many more) on the way. If you haven’t quite nailed down your festival-ready look and don’t want to spend an hour curling your tresses only to sweat it out during the first set, then you’re in luck. We’ve got a ridiculously easy method to obtaining no-muss-no-fuss, ready-to-rock waves.
So forget the curling iron and let your hair down — this iron-free look only requires a blow dryer and a good night’s sleep.
1. Shampoo, condition and comb your locks. Use a T-shirt to dry your hair, then generously spritz L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Blow Out HeatSpray onto clean, wet hair. Blow dry on low or medium heat until hair is only slightly damp.
2. Evenly apply a dollop of Garnier Fructis Style Volumizing Sky-Hi Volume Mousse to damp hair.
3. Depending on the thickness of strands, divvy up hair into three to four sections, and twist each section tightly into long ropes. (The thicker your hair, the more sections you should create.) Twist sections in different directions, some inward and some outward, so resulting waves will look less uniform.
4. Briefly blow dry each section on low heat. Then curl each twisted section into buns. Use bobby pins to secure each bun in place. If hair is thicker, use Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins to hold buns.
5. Go to bed!
6. In the morning, undo each bun and run fingers through hair to blend waves for a more natural look. Spritz on Redken Wax Blast 10 High Impact Finishing Spray Wax to hold style in place.
What’s your favorite way to get festival-friendly waves? Tell us in the comments!
Photos: Joshua M Shelton PhotographyHair and Makeup:Jessica Scantlin for Contour FossaModels: Arielle Raycene