Here at MDC, we take any opportunity to jazz up a hairstyle. Whether it’s fun bobby pin hair art, funky hair chalk or a great headband, we are big supporters of the hairdo upgrade. That being said, we wanted to spread the love on our latest obsession: the headwrap. Whether it’s in scarf or band form, these hair accessories have us over the moon! We came up with three super-easy headwrap styles that you can work into your daily hair routine. Enjoy!
Our favorite bedhead bun is all wrapped up! Adding a headwrap to this undone style lends it an extra fun and funky flare — and who doesn’t want that? Here’s what you do:
1. Throw your hair into a messy bun at the top of your head.
2. Fold your square scarf in half so it forms a triangle.
3. Starting from the longer end, fold the scarf over until it forms a long strip.
4. Pull the scarf around the back of your head and have the ends meet in the front at the top of your forehead.
5. Tie the ends into a knot. Tuck the loose ends into the side of the headwrap and you’re good to go. Finish it off by lightly spraying the style with hairspray (try Garnier Flexible Control Anti-Humidity Aerosol Hairspray) and, if needed, gently pulling at the bun to make it fuller.
Take a boring old braid or side pony and play it fast and loose with a teaser brush, some hairspray and, of course, a head wrap.
1. Gently tease the hair at the crown using a teaser brush, and brush it back so there’s natural fullness and volume.
2. If using a square scarf, use the folding method mentioned above and wrap around the head (do not go under the hair). You can also use an elastic, banded headwrap and simply pull it over the top of your head so it wraps around the back.
3. Starting at the right side of your head, twist the hair over the headwrap so the cloth is hidden. Repeat with the other side and secure the twists with bobby pins as they meet at the back of the head.
4. Braid the loose hair into a side fishtail braid and secure with an elastic. Muss-up the braid by pulling at the sides.
5. Lightly spritz the style with hairspray.
Loose, Boho Waves
This is the easiest way to upgrade natural waves to a trendy, bohemian look that will jazz up any outfit.
1.Wrap two-inch sections of hair around a 1 1/2-inch curling iron, holding the ends with your fingertips. After all hair is curled, separate the curls with your fingers and spray with flexible hold hairspray like L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Strong Hold.
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!