Most of us are well aware of basic skincare practices. Wash your face thoroughly in the morning and before bed (no matter what!), wear sunscreen every day, blah, blah, blah. You get the picture. But how much do you really know about your skin and the proper way to care for it? We decided to put our skincare knowledge to the test in the best way we know how … a pop quiz! Get ready to discover your skincare IQ!
2. What are the benefits of hyaluronic acid?a. Prevents acne
3. SPF stands for:a. Sun Protection Factor
4. Moisturizer is for:a. Sensitive skin types only
5. Which of these is NOT a common natural skincare ingredient?a. Witch Hazel
6. When should you start to incorporate anti-aging products into your skincare routine?a. After the age of 30
7. Facial wipes count as a primary cleanser: True or False?a. True
8. Which of the following CANNOT perpetuate acne?a. Makeup brushes
9. Which of these is NOT a skin type:a. Oily
10. Retinol should be used:a. During the day only
If you missed …
Less than 2: Skincare Pro
With your skincare know-how, you’re practically an esthetician! Your friends are constantly asking you for advice on the latest products and ingredients, and you are always willing and ready to respond. Considering all your knowledge and skincare savvy, it’s safe to say your skin is in great shape. Keep up the good work!
Less than 4: Sitting Pretty
You may not know everything there is to know about the latest skincare treatments and products, but you know enough to keep your skin in good condition. Your skincare routine is a well-oiled machine and you make sure your bathroom is stocked with the essentials: sunscreen, moisturizer, toner, cleanser, etc. Try stepping out of your skincare comfort zone and testing out new routines and techniques. You may be pleasantly surprised!
5 or more: Soap-and-Water Gal
When it comes to skin care, you keep it simple — like, super simple. If this works for you, we say you keep doing you. However, may we suggest upping the ante just a bit and incorporating a few more items into your tried-and-true routine? Nothing crazy — maybe an anti-aging serum or night cream. You’d be surprised how these add-ons can affect the overall health and appearance of your skin!
Answers: 1.B, 2.B, 3.A, 4.C, 5.C, 6.C, 7.B, 8.D, 9.C, 10.B
Want to grow your skincare knowledge? Check out our latest skincare tips and tricks!
About the Author:Our goal is to create a beauty experience that’s personalized, educational and, most of all, fun.
This is just the beginning. Receive your weekly newsletter for huge savings
This email is already signed up!
Look out for news coming directly to your inbox.
Something went wrong. We are so sorry for this.