Here at MDC, we're always on the lookout for top-of-the-line beauty gurus to share advice on hair, makeup and skin care. Today, we are thrilled to have nail expert Kait Mosh share her unique ideas on how to get gingham-print nails. Take it away Kait!
The holidays are all about having fun with textures and prints, and one of my favorites is gingham. I love how classic and timeless this print is and how it works with any and all color schemes, so I decided to make it a mani! Check out this fun nail look that will work with any holiday ensemble -- try it with an LBD or a sequin dress!
Medium-sized nail art striper brush
Small nail art striper brush
Base Coat (I love essie First Base)
White nail polish (like essie Blanc)
Gray nail polish (like L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail in Greyclan Goddess)
Top coat (I love Seche Vite)
1) Start with clean, manicured hands. Wipe nails with alcohol or acetone to remove any oil or dirt from the nail beds.
2) Apply base coat.
3) Paint on a coat of the gold polish and allow it to dry.
4) Using your striper brush and white nail polish paint vertical and horizontal lines on your nail bed (as pictured).
5) With your small striper brush, paint the overlapping boxes in gray (as pictured). Let dry.
6) Finish with your favorite top coat and cuticle oil and you're good to go!
What’s your favorite holiday nail style? Tell us in the comments below!
Photo: Courtesy of Kait Mosh
About the Author: