We’re going to go out on a limb and say something rather controversial: Eyeliner isn’t for everybody. This may be a shocking concept for you cat-eye-loving ladies to grasp, but there are some out there who are not wizards with the eyeliner. As much as we love liners and all the lovely eye-popping looks they produce, we get it. You can still achieve a fabulous (and complete) makeup look that’ll stop people in their tracks even if your eyes aren’t rimmed in matte black or navy blue, and we are here to prove it. With the help of professional makeup artist Emma Willis for Contour Fossa, this month, we will be introducing a new non-eyeliner look each week, with our first one focusing on gleaming up the eyes. So what are you waiting for? Put down the liner and get your glow on!
1. Using your fingers or a beauty blender, apply a luminizing foundation that will give skin a dewy look, like Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.
2. Apply a coral blush to the apples of the cheeks. Willis used Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette in Pêche Savvy. To warm the face, brush some bronzer on the forehead, the hollows of the cheek and the chin line.
3. Prep the eyelids with eye primer like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden. Make sure to blend the primer into the lid as well as above the crease.
4. Use a medium brown shadow as a base coat on the eyelid and work up to the crease.
5. Dust your lids with a deep shimmery bronze shadow. Willis used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Easy Baked. Use a fluffy blending brush and buff the shadow around the crease. Also apply some shadow to the inner and outer bottom corners of the eyes.
6. Grab a lengthening mascara to make your eyes bright and beautiful. We love Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara.
7. Finish the look with a pop of pink lipstick, like Maybelline Color Whisper By Color Sensational in Faint for Fuchsia.
Are you game to try this non-eyeliner look? Let us know in the comments below.