- Step 1: Prep wet hair with a volumizing spray, such as KMS California Add Volume Volumizing Spray. Then blow-dry it with a round brush for extra body.
- Step 2: Starting from the front, section hair horizontally from the sides. Then add a middle part down the back.
- Step 3: Put on the headband, sliding it back from the hairline. If you have bangs, let them hang down loosely.
- Step 4: Take three sections of hair from each side, and twist them up haphazardly toward the crown of your head. Secure the hair with bobby pins close to the headband.
- Step 5: Finish with a few spritzes of hairspray to hold the look. Try L'Oréal Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold. Don't smooth down any flyaways, since you want the style to look soft and effortless.
Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage