Tired of never having an answer to the one question you hear all month long during the month of October? You know the one we mean: “What are you going to be for Halloween?” Well, time is up. For all of you last-minute partygoers who just throw something together from the contents of your closet (this means you — cowgirl, anything with flannel pajamas, nerd, lumberjane), have we got the purrfect look for you! Makeup artist Alana Dawn shows us how to put this cat costume together right … wait for it … meow.
1. First thing’s first — pull your hair back and out of your face with a cute half-updo. You’ll be Halloween haircessorizing later! Spray down any strays with a long-lasting (long night!) hairspray like L’Oréal Elnett Hairspray Extra Strong Hold Volume and smooth any bumps away with a comb.
2. Using an angled eyeliner brush, apply a thick cat eye to your top lids using YSL Effet Faux Cils Drème D’Eyeliner in Deep Black and add soft brown shadow along your bottom lash line. We love Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked!
3. Now for the fun part! Use a flat concealer brush to apply the black gel eyeliner right on the very tip of your nose and nostrils. Draw a thin line from your nose down to the cupid’s bow and fill in your top lip (only) with the black gel.
4. Use a contouring product like Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette in Rose Flush to really define and sculpt your cheeks.
5. Create three dots on each cheeks with a black pencil liner such as Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion and draw on your whiskers with a liquid marker liner like L’Oréal The Infallible Blackbuster in Black.
6. For dramatic effect, use flexible lash glue to apply falsies to your lash line, and top it all off by adding a quirky headband with cat ears! Add a couple coats of essie in Licorice to your nails and pretend to claw at people all night long! Hisssss!
What’s your favorite corny costume? Let us know in the comments below!
About the Author:Our goal is to create a beauty experience that’s personalized, educational and, most of all, fun.
This is just the beginning. Receive your weekly newsletter for huge savings
This email is already signed up!
Look out for news coming directly to your inbox.
Something went wrong. We are so sorry for this.