Here at MDC, we enjoy a yummy margarita every so often. Just one sip of the fruity concoction and we’re transported to an exotic paradise with an ocean backdrop and our toes in the sand. We recently surfed the vast land of deliciousness on foodie platform Tastemade and came across a colorful and delectable recipe for a Mango Margarita by Hilah Cooking. It looked so gorgeous that we decided to pay homage to the tasty cocktail in the best way we know how: makeup. We enlisted the help of professional makeup artist Tara Shakespeare, who created a vibrant look that will make you want to whip out your maracas and dance around the room!
1. Apply an illuminating foundation and blend it well with a beauty blender.
2. Give your skin a natural glow by applying bronzer to the forehead, below the cheekbone and on your chin line. Follow up with highlighter (we love The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Blush) along the cheekbone.
3 Using a flat eye shadow brush, press a light gold shadow like Shu Eumura Pressed Eye Shadow in G Gold over the entire lid and stopping at the crease.
4. Apply a natural, light-orange shimmer to the inner corner of the lid and on the entire lower lash line. Shakespeare used Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow in Barely Brazen.
4. For a little lash drama, grab a mascara with a va-va-voom effect like L’Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara. Apply to your upper and lower lashes. Quick tip: While mascara is still wet, run a spoolie brush through your lashes to separate them and give them definition.
5. Swipe on a nude lipstick and give it some shine with a matching nude gloss.
Would you try this margarita-inspired look? Let us know in the comments below.
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!