Now, we are well aware that this summer season is all about head-turning color from head-to-toe. While we love rocking the electric hues, sometimes a girl wants to tone it down and get in touch with her softer side. For the second installment of our no-eyeliner series, we decided to spotlight the ever-ethereal pastel shadow look. Pro makeup artist Emma Willis for Contour Fossa offered up her expertise on how to achieve this fairy-like face.
1. Dewy skin is the perfect complement to this soft pastel shadow. Using a beauty blender, apply Lancôme Photôgenic Lumessence.
2. Add a pop of pink onto the apples of the cheeks using Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in Rose. Give the cheeks some shine by adding highlighter over the blush. Willis used The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Blush. Add a touch of highlighter to the bridge of your nose as well.
3. Using a flat eye shadow brush, wash the lid with a base of baby pink eye shadow like The Body Shop Colour Crush Eye Shadow in Pink Crush, working the color to the crease line and right below the outer corner of the lower lash line.
4. Apply a shimmery deep pink over the base shadow (we love Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow in Sweet Fire).
5. Using a fluffy crease brush, apply a deep rose matte shadow to the outer crease and blend.
6. Apply a light pink or natural shimmer to the inner and outer corners of the eyes to make them pop.
7. Swipe mascara on top and lower lashes. Try a curling mascara like Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eyes.
Would you wear this softer look? Let us know in the comments below.
Photography: Michael Maples
Makeup: Emma Willis
Model: Caitlin Chapman
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!