M Crowd influencer Julia Salvia is one of our all-time favorite beauty mavens. If you haven’t stalked her addictive Instagram account full of both everyday makeup looks and bold AF tutorials (see: Salvia’s Lisa Frank inspired look), you need to do so immediately. And while you’re at it, you might as well make your way to her YouTube page for product reviews, fun DIY’s and of course, binge-worthy makeup tutorials. In short, the makeup artist is super talented and she deserves your follow and yes, even Instagram post notifications.
So, without a doubt, we rely on Salvia to give us what we want and need when it comes to fresh, modern looks. With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, we reached out to her to create a pink eye makeup look for us that we can easily recreate at home, school or even your office bathroom before your night out.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start with L'Oréal Paris Shape & Fill Mechanical Pencil and outline your brows using the edge of the liner for precise lines. Brush upwards using the spoolie end of the pencil and then fill with the flat side of the pencil for even coverage.
2. Using the Maybelline Total Temptation Eyeshadow + Highlight Palette, create a neutral base by coloring in your entire eye area. Salvia uses a peachy neutral shadow from the palette to compliment her skin tone and create a smooth canvas for shadow.
3. Next, using the NYX Professional Makeup Love You So Mochi Eyeshadow Palette in Electric Pastels, apply dark pink on the outer corners of your eyelids and then dust a light pink on the remaining part of your lids. Blend the shadows together.
4. Apply L'Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Liner to your waterline and your lash line to define your eyes.
5. Sweep L'Oréal Paris Lash Paradise on your lashes for volume and length.
6. Use a foundation brush to apply Lancôme Skin Feels Good Hydrating Skin Tint and smooth over your face for a natural, glowy look.
7. To contour, use bronzer from the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette to define the hollows of your cheekbones and your jawline, and add a pop of pink to the apples of your cheeks. Then, apply highlighter on your Cupid’s bow and temples.
8. Finish by dabbing L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Shine Lipstick in Sparkling Rose to your lips for a subtle pink shine.
The overall monochromatic pink look is surprisingly flattering on most skin tones, easy to DIY and, of course, perfect for a romantic night out.