We love October. During this month we get to celebrate some truly honorable things: pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween and, our favorite, breast cancer awareness (BCA). We love that there is an entire month dedicated to the fight against this issue that affects hundreds of thousands of people each year. We decided to honor five brands who are joining the fight against breast cancer via proceed donations and BCA-specific products. Check them out!
1. Pureology Pure Volume Breast Cancer Awareness Kit and Colour Fanatic. The three-item collection includes the essentials needed for full, voluminous hair: Pure Volume Shampoo, Condition and Instant Levitation Mist. The brand’s Colour Fanatic spray provides protection against color fading. In addition to these promotional products, the brand has also donated $10,000 to the Breast Cancer Program at City of Hope, a leading research, treatment and education center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
2. Matrix Total Results Amplify Hairspray, Total Results Amplify Proforma Hairspray, Design Pulse Hard Lock Hairspray, Vavoom Freezing Spray and Biolage Complete Control Hairspray. As part of the brand’s Pink Hairspray promotion, five percent of product sales from these five hairsprays will go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. In addition, the brand has donated $10,000 to City of Hope.
3. essie Breast Cancer Awareness 2014 Collection. Three perfectly pink shades make up this fabulous collection: “Pinking About You,” “I Pink I Can” and “Pink Happy.” Proceeds of these shades will benefit City of Hope. Which means you’ll be supporting two worthy causes: breast cancer research and your nails!
4. Emi-Jay All Things Pink Hair Ties. Featuring an array of fun and festive prints, patterns and pinks, these hair ties work for your hair and for a good cause. Twenty percent of proceeds will support Bright Pink, a national non-profit organization devoted to the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, as well as providing support for high-risk individuals.
5. eos Limited Edition Breast Cancer Awareness Collection. The special collection includes limited-edition Strawberry Sorbet Smooth Stick lip balm, Pomegranate Raspberry Smooth Sphere lip balm and Berry Blossom hand lotion. A portion of the proceeds of this berry-licious set will go to breast cancer research.
Which of these BCA products is your fave? Tell us in the comments below!
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!