All you ladies rocking fiery locks know this well: Being a redhead is a state of mind. Quite frankly, people don’t understand the daily trials and tribulations that come with having red hair. That’s probably why you feel such strong kinship with fellow redheads, even if they’re perfect strangers. We understand and we salute you for rocking red like it’s no one’s business and taking on the lifestyle that comes with it! To give readers a better understanding of a day-in-the-life of a redhead, we compiled this list for your enjoyment. And for all you non-redheads, get ready to be enlightened!
1. People assume your temper matches your hair. Why is an even-keeled redhead so hard to envision? Answer me!!!!
2. Society insists you can’t wear red. You can. And you will. Like a boss.
3. You feel personally betrayed when a fellow redhead goes blond. Two words: Sell Out.
4. Finding the right eyebrow pencil is a constant battle. Do you go brown? Do you go blonde? Ugh, decisions.
5. You have a raging blackout when you see a fellow redhead with a tan. Naturally sun-kissed skin makes you want to curl into a ball and cry into your spray-tanned hands.
6. When you see a non-natural redhead with better hair color than you... Curse you, cruel irony.
7. “Ginger” is NOT a term of endearment. Unless it happens to be your first name, it is NOT OK.
Redheads, what are some other things only you would understand? Sound off in the comments below!
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.