Here at MDC, we're always on the lookout for top-of-the-line beauty gurus to share advice on hair, makeup and skin care. Today, we are thrilled to have nail expert Kait Mosh share her unique ideas on how to get a perfect sequins manicure. Take it away Kait!
Sequins are my favorite this time of year. Glitter, sparkle and shine are pure perfection around the holidays, and I like to take full advantage. Here is a nail art look that will draw the eyes of everyone in the room. You will even find yourself staring at your hands because they're just so fun!
● Base coat like essie First Base
● Your favorite holiday red nail polish like Sephora Formula X Curiosity or NYX Cosmetics Nail Polish in Vinyl Red
● Toothpick or nail art brush
● A holographic, pearl shade like Sephora Formula X Reactive
● Multi-colored glitter polish like Maybelline Color Show in Mosaic Prism
● Top coat (try Sally Hansen Diamond top coat)
● Cuticle Oil like essie Apricot Cuticle Oil
Step 1. Start with clean, manicured hands free of any oil or dirt.
Step 2. Paint on base coat.
Step 3. Paint two coats of your red polish and let dry.
Step 4. Using either a toothpick or a small nail art brush, paint tiny polka dots on each nail with your holographic polish.
Step 5. Clean your toothpick or brush with acetone, and pour a dime-sized amount of multi-colored glitter polish on a small piece of foil.
Step 6. Place one large piece of glitter on each polka dot, lightly pressing them into the holographic polish. Let dry.
Step 7. Finish with your favorite top coat and cuticle oil and you're good to go!
What’s your favorite holiday nail look? Sound off in the comments below!
Photo Courtesy: Kait Mosh