While we all have a favorite gloss or shiny lipstick, sometimes, a matte lipstick is the right choice. As the name implies, matte lipstick has no sheen or shimmer, but that doesn't make it any less fun. In fact, if you're not going for the matte look yet, you could be missing out!
Should you make the switch? If any of the following applies to you, it could be time!
5. You’re wearing shimmer blush or metallic eye shadow.
Competing for attention can be fun — but not for your facial features.
6. Your dishwasher is really struggling with your glasses.
Lip imprints are cute on occasion, but you don’t want to leave traces on every cup and glass.
7. You’ve been embarrassed by lipstick on your teeth one too many times.
Mattes stay where you put them.
8. You’re a fan of retro beauty.
Pinup girls and leading ladies totally rocked the matte look. A formula like L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Moisture Matte in Red Valentine will give you something extra those glam girls didn't have — soft lips!
9. You’re trying on clothes.
Save yourself from the embarrassment of ruining the store's inventory — or from making a guilt purchase — with a lip color that doesn’t have wanderlust.
10. It’s a blustery day.
Hair plus sticky lips equals a windy nightmare just waiting to happen.
12. You have full lips and want to try a darker or brighter shade.
Vibrant and shiny lips can be a bit overpowering for you. Try high color, low shine.
13. You have a job interview or major presentation.
You can apply matte lips and forget about them, leaving time and energy for more important things. A bold shade like YSL Rouge Pur Couture the Mats in Orange Imagine will help make your first impression unforgettable — even if you've forgotten about it.
When do you wear matte lipstick? Tell us in the comments below!