This post is brought to you by our friends at L’Oréal Professionnel.
Our favorite time of the year is in full swing and we're ready to join in on all the NYFW fun! And while we’re usually on the hunt for makeup inspo, we’re feelin’ some serious hair envy this time around. And who can blame us? With romantic updos and a ’90's throwback taking center stage (literally) in New York — along with London, Milan and Paris — we HAD to know the secret to landing these looks ourselves. Turns out, the real star of the runway show (both on-set and behind-the-scenes) is the new L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Collection, which features a complete range of products to meet all of your hair needs from texture and volume to curl and hold!
Romance is in the air (and on the runway) this fall in the form of old-fashioned elegance, swirls and sculpted hair! Whether you’re headed to a candlelit dinner, formal affair or even the office, a Bettie Page-inspired updo is always a classic go-to!
1. For a look that’s not overly styled, create a soft ’50s swirl in the front using a one-inch curling iron and pin into place. Curl the remaining hair in sections by wrapping around the wand (held horizontally) and backcomb the roots slightly for a more undone look.
2. Pair your ’50s swirl with free-flowing strands or safely secure your curls with bobby pins for a whimsical updo. Finish off the ’do with a spritz of L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Extreme Lacquer for shine.
Striking a fine balance of cozy and chic, the minimalist twist is perfect for work or play – and it’s been spotted all over the runways this season! Best of all, you can wear this look wet or dry, making it ideal for those days you hit the snooze button one too many times.
Wearable “Wet” Look
2. Create a perfect center part, pull your hair back into a messy French twist and secure the updo with bobby pins.
The Edgy Pony
1. Turn a boring pony into an edgy look! First, run L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Volume Extra Envy through your roots for a “slightly sweaty look” and pull your hair back into a mid-height pony.
2. Brush back the tail just slightly for added texture and secure your style into a haphazard twist before giving it a spritz of L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Infinium 3.
Your turn to replicate these runway looks! Find the Tecni.Art products you need to start right here.
About the Author:Our goal is to create a beauty experience that’s personalized, educational and, most of all, fun.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!