When it comes to your wedding day, there is no such thing as “too perfect.” Every single detail should align with your fairytale wedding vision, and that includes your makeup. As a bride, not only do you want your face to be radiant and flawless (and waterproof, as you will probably shed some tears), but you also want it to look like you. We hear you loud and clear, and we want to help. We enlisted the help of makeup pro Elyse Reneau to help us create a perfect wedding look that will transform you into a glowing summer bride.
1. To give your face a natural, dewy look from the get-go, prime it with a light-infusing primer. Then, use an eye shadow primer on your lids.
2. Using a flat brush, apply a light, shimmery natural shadow from the lash line to the crease. Reneau used Urban Decay Sin from the Naked Palette. Blend it along the crease line with a fluffy brush.
3. Brush a warm, matte brown, like Urban Decay Buck from the Naked Palette, into the crease.
4. Grab a dark brown eyeliner pencil and dot it along the upper lash line and halfway across the lower line. Smudge the liner.
5. Lightly pencil in your eyebrows to make them more full and natural, and then set them in place with clear brow gel.
6. Apply lash glue to individual fake lashes and allow them to become tacky for about 15-30 seconds before placing them carefully along your lash line. Hold them in place briefly so they stay put.
7. Using a damp beauty blender sponge, apply an illuminating foundation. Reneau opted for Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Use concealer under the eyes and blend into the skin.
8. Blend a peachy gel-based blush like Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral on the apples of your cheeks, using your ring finger.
9. Use a subtle highlight powder (Reneau recommends Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight) just above the apples of your cheeks, along the orbital bone.
10. Finish off the look by lining the lips with a warm pink-colored liner. Swipe on a matching lipstick, like L’Oréal Colour Riche Lip Colour in Miss Magenta.Do any of you brides-to-be want to try this look? Let us know in the comments below.
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.
Get our top stories straight to your inbox!
This email is already signed up!
Look out for our latest stories in your inbox.
Something went wrong. We're so sorry!