- White nail polish
- 3-4 bright colored polishes
- A cup of room temperature water
- Cotton swabs
- Nail polish remover
- Apply 1-2 coats of white nail polish. It doesn’t need to be perfect — it will be covered with tie-dye later. We used Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Porcelain Party.
- Use Scotch tape to cover the skin around your nail. This will speed up the clean-up process later.
- Gather 3-4 polish colors (we used Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Pink Embrace, Hibiscus Haven, Lust for Lilac and Pinkalicious) and unscrew the caps so can you can move quickly.
- Get a cup of room temperature water ready and begin dropping in one droplet of nail polish at a time. Do this several times, alternating colors.
- Take a cotton swab or toothpick and swirl it through the colors to create your design.
- Quickly dip your finger into the water, going straight through the polish that’s sitting on top and lift it out of the water.
- Remove the tape and clean up any excess polish with a bit of nail polish remover.
- Let the nails dry and finish with a swipe of top coat!