We have a long-standing love affair with the messy bun, and with good reason. Like a loyal significant other, this hairstyle has seen us through the good times and the bad, the good hair days and the very, very bad hair days. To show our love for this messy and marvelous hairstyle and its endless versatility, we created an ode to its brilliance.
1. It’s a triple threat: You’ve worn the EXACT same hairstyle to bed, the office and your cousin’s wedding.
2. The messiness makes it look like a complicated hairstyle, when it’s actually just … well, messy.
3. It allows for your morning bed-to-car-to-office process to take all of 15 minutes.
4. It’s there for you when you’ve had one too many cocktails and need to look like you have it together — in front of your boss.
5. You can wrap a head scarf around it and say you're, "trying something different.”
6. You can wear it low and call it a chignon.
7. You can wear it to the side … and still call it a chignon.
8. Add a headband and — POOF! — you are super fancy.
What are your reasons for loving the messy bun? Express yourself in the comments below!
About the Author:Angela helps inspire and inform the Makeup.com audience by delivering the latest beauty tips, tricks and trends.
This is just the beginning. Receive your weekly newsletter for huge savings
This email is already signed up!
Look out for news coming directly to your inbox.
Something went wrong. We are so sorry for this.