Nail Files: 3 Simple Nail Art Ideas to Try Now!
Simple nail art may seem like a bit of an oxymoron, but today we’ll show you it’s not all tiny brushes and obscure art supplies. These manicures are easy enough for beginners, yet chic enough for nail art pros. And they can all be completed in just three steps! Because wouldn’t we all rather look like we spent hours slaving away on our masterpiece, but really finish our mani’s in minutes?
We spotted this glitter manicure on LaurenConrad.com, and just had to share it. For this simple and sparkly manicure, you can forget the nail polish all together. All you need is a base coat, top coat and the fine-grain glitter of your choice.
- Paint a layer of base coat on your nail.
- While the nail is still wet, dip it into fine grain glitter.
- Seal in the sparkle with a coat of top coat. (Quick Tip: you can use a piece of tape to clean up stubborn glitter left on your fingers.)
With a little help from your favorite loose pigment eyeshadow (we used L’Oréal Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Liquid Diamond), this fresh take on a metallic manicure will be yours.
- Paint your nails with a base color. We’re wearing Sally Hansen Smooth Perfect Color Care in Sea.
- Gather some loose pigment eyeshadow on a fluffy eyeshadow brush. While the polish is still wet, brush the shadow across the nail.
- Clean up your fingers and make your manicure shine with s swipe of top coat.
We love the look of a clean stripe across the nail. Skip the stress of doing it free hand, and take scissors to your nail stickers. We snipped essie Sleek Stick in Steel the Show for our stripes.
- Cut your nail sticker into a thin strip.
- Lay the strip across your nail and smooth it down.
- File off the excess sticker and finish with your favorite top coat.
Which one of these ideas are you going to try? Whichever one you choose, snap a photo on Instagram and use the hashtag #MDCmani for a chance to be featured on the Makeup.com Facebook page!