This summer we vow not to reapply our lipstick constantly. Between beach days, barbeques, and pool parties, we simply don’t see when we’ll have the time. Instead, we’re taking preventative measures: try these five quick tips and you too can kiss reapplying goodbye.
What You Will Need
- Lip scrub
- Lip balm
- Nude lip liner
- Your favorite lipstick
- Translucent powder
- Polish your pout. For a long-lasting lipstick application, first remove flaky skin to create a smooth base. We love Fresh Sugar Lip Polish, but gently scrubbing with a warm washcloth or soft toothbrush will also give you the exfoliation you need.
- Soften the lips. Seal in the softness of your freshly polished lips with a hydrating lip balm. Allow the product to sink in for a few minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Fill it all in. Line and fill in the entire lip with a pencil to create a base for the lipstick to cling to. Choose a shade that’s close to your natural coloring to avoid any visible contrast between your liner and lipstick.
Expert Tip: If you’re going for something darker, makeup artist Gabriel Almodovar recommends first applying a long-lasting lip stain. Then fill in your lips with a pencil that is the same shade as the lipstick to create more intense color.
- Apply. Blot. Repeat. Two layers of color deliver twice the staying power. Apply your first coat, blot with a tissue, and apply again.
- Seal the deal. A light dusting of translucent powder will set the color in place so you can be on your way (feel free to leave your lipstick at home).
Quick Tip: In a pinch, you can skip steps 1-3. Just apply, blot, repeat and powder.
What We Used
How do you summer-proof your makeup? Share your tips below.