Between the loose waves and flushed cheeks, the country has never looked more appealing. You may be miles away from the English countryside, but with a little help from Elyse Reneau, the beauty guru extraordinaire who recreated this fresh, feminine runway trend from the beauty experts at BeautyStreams, you can channel the demure country rose that’s inside of you.
Get the Look: Country Rose Makeup
- For this fresh-faced look, start off with Urban Decay Brightening and Tightening Complexion Primer.
- Apply a light-reflecting foundation, like Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, and sheer it out with a dampened BeautyBlender sponge. Skip powder to achieve a dewy look.
- Keep the brows natural; just brush them up and set them in place with clear brow gel.
- Apply a light wash of peachy pink eye shadow to your eyes. Curl lashes and add a coat of mascara.
- Use a large fluffy brush to sweep a rosy pink blush, like Lancôme Blush Subtil in Shimmer Pink Flammes, onto the cheeks.
- Use your finger to press The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in Blushing Pink onto the lips for an effortless hint of color.
Get the Look: Country Rose Hair
- Use a waver to add texture to the front section of hair.
- Separate the top half of your hair — above your ears — and pin it to create a half-pony.
- Of the hair that’s not pinned back, take two small sections and twist each one.
- Twist these two sections together. The key this time is to twist the pieces together, but reverse the direction you are spinning.
- Continue twisting around the back of your head, pulling more hair as you go. Pull the remaining hair into a ponytail on one side.
- Tease the pony and pin a bun in place.
Will you try the Country Rose look? Let us know what you think in the comments.
Photos: Joshua M Shelton Photography
Hair and Makeup: Elyse Reneau
Model: Kelsey Formost