Tricks That Will Help You Remember to Take Your Makeup Off Before Bed
To clarify, we know you remember to remove your makeup after a long day, but sometimes mustering up the energy to go through your whole nighttime routine is the painstaking part … especially after an even longer night. We’ll just keep saying it time and time again, you need to remove it ALL — no excuses, and thanks to these friendly skin-saving reminders, your face will stay pretty and blemish free.
1. Sticky notes will be your BFF. Find a Sharpie and get scribbling!Try writing your skin little love notesto remind you how important it is to wash your face no matter how late it is or how tired you are.
2. Keep cleansing towelettes on your nightstand. While there’s no comparison to giving your skin a full-on facial cleanse, wiping your makeup off with wet towelettes like Maybelline Clean Express Facial Towelettes or L’Oréal Paris Ideal Clean All Skin Types Makeup Removing Towelettes will do the trick for those extra lazy nights. Our fave? The CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleanser Cloths, hands down.
3. Keep a charged Clarisonic on your bathroom counter. This cleansing tool does all the work for you. Place it somewhere you’ll be sure to see when coming home (counter, or maybe even on your pillow lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), just squeeze a little cleanser onto it and hit the button — that’s all it takes — it’ll deep clean your pores with almost no effort and your skin will thank us later.
4. Set an alarm ... (or a few) for your face! Add quirky notes that say every time you hit snooze, a new wrinkle appears! These little motivational alarms will encourage you to get into a nightly habit that one day, you’ll never be able to break.
5. Imagine the feeling of your skin if you don’t. This isn’t exactly a reminder, but it sure will make you want to get out of bed to go give your skin a good scrub. You don’t want to wake up to a surprise zit or premature aging if ditching the nightly cleanse becomes a regular habit — so keep this eventual goal in mind.