Eyebrow Waxing vs. Threading — Which Is Better?
For several years now, brows have been a hot topic of conversation and a bold new way to get noticed. Gone are the days of plucking the daylights out of your brows or letting them grow in unruly and bushy directions. These days, full-yet-clean brows are all the rage, making services like waxing and threading a crucial part of our beauty routines. But, how does a girl decide which of these oh-so-popular treatments is best for her and her brows? We got the pro/con lowdown on both to help you decide!
- Waxing is super-efficient, as it removes lots of hair in one fell swoop.
- In addition to hair, wax can take with it dead skin, making it an exfoliator and hair-remover in one!
- Waxing promotes thinner, softer regrowth, making it ideal for those with coarse and/or thick hair.
- Waxing is easy enough to be done at home.
- Warm or hot wax can be harsh on sensitive skin, causing irritation, redness and breakouts.
- The skin around the eye/brow area does not have much support in terms of muscle or fat. Excessive pulling from wax can sometimes cause it to sag over time.
- Threading allows for a more precise shaping of the brows.
- Threading pulls the hair from its follicle, allowing for a longer regrowth period (three to four weeks).
- There are little to no side effects related to threading, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin!
- Threading can pull hair even if it has not grown very long. It can even catch hair that has just broken the skin.