30 Eyeshadow Tutorials That Will Help You Create the Perfect Eye Look
February 03, 2023
Applying eyeshadow is one of those makeup techniques that takes time, practice and patience to master. Creating the perfect eyeshadow look comes down to choosing the best hues for your eye color, your eye shape and lots of blending. And even though we’re all for you taking creative liberties, there’s nothing wrong with a few tips and tricks to help you improve your skills.
Ahead, we’ve gathered 30 eyeshadow makeup tutorials from YouTube that’ll show you how to create all different kinds of eyeshadow looks.
The Best Eyeshadow Looks and Tutorials
1. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Neutral Look
If you want a neutral look that’ll be perfect for any occasion, try this easy tutorial by Angela Bright. All you’ll need is a palette like the Urban Decay Naked Sin Mini Eyeshadow Palette, and you’ll be good to go.
2. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a ’90s Look The ’90s are back in a very big way, and there’s no better way to showcase the decade than with your eye look. With Hung Vanngo’s tutorial, you’ll have the ’90s model look in no time.
3. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for When You Need a Cut Crease Hack
If you’re a makeup newbie, cut creases may still seem out of reach for you. Enter this video by Smitha Deepak, which shows you how to get the best cut-crease shape with an easy trick that you likely never thought of.
4. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Monochromatic Look
Monochromatic makeup is still trending, and Iluvsarahii will show you how to use the same shade all over your face, including your eyeshadow. To make things even simpler, try using the Valentino Beauty Eye2Cheek Blush and Eyeshadow for a stunning shade on your eyes and cheeks.
5. An Eyeshadow Tutorial Featuring Rhinestones
If you want an eyeshadow look that’ll shine bright like a diamond, you’ll want to head over to Lashay’s Glamz’s channel to learn how to apply eye rhinestones that’ll stay on all day.
6. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Green Eyes
Make green eyes pop with AllThatFresh’s tips and tricks to showcase your eye color. For a similar shimmery golden shade, grab the NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Pencil in Frosting.
7. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Winged Eyeshadow
Winged eyeliner is great, but winged eyeshadow is another great way to elongate and complement the eye. Learn how to do it with Beautification By Marta’s easy guide. It works with multiple eyeshadow shades, and it works on pretty much any eye shape.
8. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Rainbow Eye Look
Emulating the rainbow with your eyeshadow may seem daunting, but we promise it’s a lot easier than it looks — and Beautybyjosiek makes it even easier with her step-by-step video. The beauty guru starts with a white base to really make her eyeshadow pop, and it’s a tip you can also carry on to other makeup looks.
9. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for an Aqua Blue Eye Look
Feeling inspired by the deep blues of the ocean? O'Beauty will explain how to use a beautiful and bright blue blue color to enhance your eyes. We love the Giorgio Armani Beauty Eye Tint Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeshadow in Petrol for a similar look.
10. An Eyeshadow Tutorial to Showcase Your Lashes
Whether you have lash extensions or are rocking a pair of falsies, you want your eyeshadow to complement your longer, thicker eyelashes. Here, TheMexicanBeauty shows you how to do just that, without ruining or diminishing the look of your lashes.
11. An Eyeshadow Tutorial Featuring Shades of Purple If purple, lavender, and violet are some of your favorite colors, showcase them on your eyelids with KitaBeautty’s guidance. Bright shades can be somewhat intimidating, but this video will make you comfortable with going brighter with your eyeshadow.
12. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Monolids In this thorough video, Lisa Wei explains how to define and perfect eye makeup for monolid eyes. One of her tips is to build up your eyeliner to add depth, and the NYX Professional Makeup Vivid Matte Liquid Liner offers the perfect color payoff and long-lasting staying power for this eye look.
13. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Deep Set Eyes
This tutorial from Alexandra Anele will help you learn how to lift and open up deep set eyes, and the tips are all explained in a simple way that celebrates the eye shape instead of criticizing it.
14. An Eyeshadow Tutorial Featuring Shimmery Silver Silver is always a great choice for a night out, and Ari Jane Parker will show you how to get the full glam look. You also won’t have to worry about your look fading during the night, as her tips will help your makeup last for hours.
15. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Grunge Look
The reprisal of grunge is likely a result of the ’90s boom that we talked about earlier, and
Oatmilkmakeup will give you the brooding beauty look that you’re after. Use the Lancôme Le 8 Hypnôse Serum-Infused Mascara for beautifully dark lashes that won’t feel crunchy or droopy throughout the day.
16. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Metallic Look Matte eyes are great, but as TheMakeupChair shows, they’re even more eye-catching (pun intended), when mixed with metallics. Use the creamy and blendable YSL Beauty Couture Clutch Eyeshadow Palette for a gorgeous mix of shades in matte and metallic finishes.
17. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Orange Lids
In the mood for something bright? Try a beautiful orange shade all over your lids. Esther Kuria paired her orange tutorial with glitter, and you’ll leave wondering why you hadn’t tried the shade earlier.
18. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Glowy Eye Look
A glowy sheen can be hard to achieve if you’re used to more of a matte look, but we promise that it’s achievable. In this video, Oré Otun showcases her summer makeup look, but it’s useful all year round — and it has the added benefit of being sweat-proof and beginner friendly.
19. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Graphic Makeup Lovers
If you’re looking for a bolder, more editorial way to use your eyeshadow, Mia Page Mua’s eye look uses negative space to create a unique eye statement. Top the look off with the L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Lift Washable Mascara.
20. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for the Beginner
In this detailed tutorial, Ale Jay teaches you how to get flawless eyeshadow application every time. Her tips are easy to follow, and the resulting look works for virtually everyone. While she uses all neutral matte shadows, feel free to swap out the lid color for something more vibrant and fun.
21. An Eyeshadow Tutorial to Explain Eyeshadow Do's and Don’ts
22. So maybe you already consider yourself something of an eyeshadow pro, or you’ve got the steps down, but it’s not turning out the way Pinterest promised (trust us, we’ve been there). This video by Laura Lee breaks down the “do’s” and “don’ts” of eyeshadow application — perfect for those who need to troubleshoot and tweak their current technique to get that flawless finish.
23. An Eyeshadow Tutorial to Help You Nail the Everyday Look
We love this tutorial because it gives you the steps to create an everyday eye look in five minutes flat. An Knook makes it look so easy, and we’re confident with her guidance you’ll be a pro in no time.
24. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for When You’re Ready to Take It to the Next Level
This tutorial from Beats by Deb is perfect for anyone who has a handle on basic eyeshadow techniques and is ready to take it to the next level. Enter: the glitter cut crease. It’s still fairly easy to achieve if you have the basic eyeshadow technique down, so don’t be afraid to try something new.
25. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Fire Eye Look
If you can’t get enough of dark, smoldering eye looks, this tutorial by Sandi Jarquin is perfect for you. Red eyeshadow might sound difficult to pull off, but this tutorial will make you feel like, “Why hadn’t I tried this sooner?”
26. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Smoldering Smoky Eye
YouTuber Smitha Deepak teaches you how to slay a dark smoky eye in the tutorial ahead. The ever-popular smoky eye is one of the most difficult eye looks to master as it can end with you looking like a panda. The key to nailing this look is blending and building. Go slow and know that you can always add more later.
27. A Dramatic Eyeshadow Tutorial for Hooded Eyes
Hooded eyes — a heavy brow bone with a deep-set crease — can feel challenging to “get the look” on. However, the right tutorial can change your entire outlook on the trait. YouTuber Marta designed an easy guide to getting a dramatic eye look specifically for hooded beauties.
28. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for the Minimalist
Check out this natural eye makeup tutorial that’s perfect for the makeup minimalist. Here, Daisy Marquez creates a soft look that’ll enhance your natural eyes. This look is so versatile, you can wear it from day to night.
29. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Blue Eyes
In this video, Angela Bright creates a beautiful warm-toned smoky eye that looks amazing on blue eyes. You can recreate the look by using the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette, which includes 12 amber neutral eyeshadows, including silky mattes, smooth shimmers and sparkling metallics that make those deep blues dazzle.
30. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Brown Eyes
Here, Dilan Sabah is teaching you how to make your brown eyes pop. The finished look is a subtle brown smoky eye that’s wearable for both a day and nighttime glam. If a traditional smoky eye intimidates you, start with this.