30 Eyeshadow Tutorials That Will Help You Create the Perfect Eye LookFebruary 03, 2023
Applying eyeshadow is one of those makeup techniques that takes time, practice and patience to master. Creating the perfect eyeshadow look comes down to choosing the best hues for your eye color, your eye shape and lots of blending. And even though we’re all for you taking creative liberties, there’s nothing wrong with a few tips and tricks to help you improve your skills.
Ahead, we’ve gathered 30 eyeshadow makeup tutorials from YouTube that’ll show you how to create all different kinds of eyeshadow looks.
The Best Eyeshadow Looks and Tutorials
1. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Neutral Look
If you want a neutral look that’ll be perfect for any occasion, try this easy tutorial by Angela Bright. All you’ll need is a palette like the Urban Decay Naked Sin Mini Eyeshadow Palette, and you’ll be good to go.
2. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a ’90s LookThe ’90s are back in a very big way, and there’s no better way to showcase the decade than with your eye look. With Hung Vanngo’s tutorial, you’ll have the ’90s model look in no time.
3. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for When You Need a Cut Crease HackIf you’re a makeup newbie, cut creases may still seem out of reach for you. Enter this video by Smitha Deepak, which shows you how to get the best cut-crease shape with an easy trick that you likely never thought of.
4. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Monochromatic LookMonochromatic makeup is still trending, and Iluvsarahii will show you how to use the same shade all over your face, including your eyeshadow. To make things even simpler, try using the Valentino Beauty Eye2Cheek Blush and Eyeshadow for a stunning shade on your eyes and cheeks.
5. An Eyeshadow Tutorial Featuring RhinestonesIf you want an eyeshadow look that’ll shine bright like a diamond, you’ll want to head over to Lashay’s Glamz’s channel to learn how to apply eye rhinestones that’ll stay on all day.
6. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Green EyesMake green eyes pop with AllThatFresh’s tips and tricks to showcase your eye color. For a similar shimmery golden shade, grab the NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Pencil in Frosting.
7. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Winged EyeshadowWinged eyeliner is great, but winged eyeshadow is another great way to elongate and complement the eye. Learn how to do it with Beautification By Marta’s easy guide. It works with multiple eyeshadow shades, and it works on pretty much any eye shape.
8. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Rainbow Eye LookEmulating the rainbow with your eyeshadow may seem daunting, but we promise it’s a lot easier than it looks — and Beautybyjosiek makes it even easier with her step-by-step video. The beauty guru starts with a white base to really make her eyeshadow pop, and it’s a tip you can also carry on to other makeup looks.
10. An Eyeshadow Tutorial to Showcase Your LashesWhether you have lash extensions or are rocking a pair of falsies, you want your eyeshadow to complement your longer, thicker eyelashes. Here, TheMexicanBeauty shows you how to do just that, without ruining or diminishing the look of your lashes.
11. An Eyeshadow Tutorial Featuring Shades of PurpleIf purple, lavender, and violet are some of your favorite colors, showcase them on your eyelids with KitaBeautty’s guidance. Bright shades can be somewhat intimidating, but this video will make you comfortable with going brighter with your eyeshadow.
12. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for MonolidsIn this thorough video, Lisa Wei explains how to define and perfect eye makeup for monolid eyes. One of her tips is to build up your eyeliner to add depth, and the NYX Professional Makeup Vivid Matte Liquid Liner offers the perfect color payoff and long-lasting staying power for this eye look.
13. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for Deep Set EyesThis tutorial from Alexandra Anele will help you learn how to lift and open up deep set eyes, and the tips are all explained in a simple way that celebrates the eye shape instead of criticizing it.
14. An Eyeshadow Tutorial Featuring Shimmery SilverSilver is always a great choice for a night out, and Ari Jane Parker will show you how to get the full glam look. You also won’t have to worry about your look fading during the night, as her tips will help your makeup last for hours.
15. An Eyeshadow Tutorial for a Grunge Look
The reprisal of grunge is likely a result of the ’90s boom that we talked about earlier, andOatmilkmakeup will give you the brooding beauty look that you’re after. Use the Lancôme Le 8 Hypnôse Serum-Infused Mascara for beautifully dark lashes that won’t feel crunchy or droopy throughout the day.