According to Wong, there are five reasons why pores may be visible: “oily skin; genetics; age; sun damage; and improperly caring for the skin.” When excess oil and dirt accumulate, pores clog and appear larger. Elasticity also plays a part in pore appearance—“sun exposure and aging damages collagen and elasticity in the skin, causing the pores to dilate,” she says. To keep your pores in check Wong suggests six preventative measures.
1. “Always remove your makeup before bed by cleansing skin thoroughly.
2. Exfoliate regularly to help speed up cell's turnover and slough off dead skin.
3. Add a clay mask to your weekly routine, 2-3 times a week, to help rid the skin of toxins (clay is known to minimize pores!).” MDC Tip: We like Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque and Cecilia Wong Rescue Blemish Peel Mask.
4. “Wear sunscreen.
5. Add a product with Vitamin A to your skincare regimen. Vitamin A helps anti-aging and builds collagen in the skin, improving texture.
6. Make sure you're eating lots of Vitamins A, C, and E and antioxidants in your diet.”
About the Author:Our goal is to create a beauty experience that’s personalized, educational and, most of all, fun.