Presenting… a video by the M Crowd — the wildly talented group of makeup influencers who create exclusive content just for Makeup.com. Here, Ashley shares her three ultimate foundation hacks for winter.
It’s just about time to say goodbye to dark, matte lips and the warm-toned shadows we embraced all winter long. We’re ready to bring back color in both subtle ways (like pretty pastel lip gloss) and intense ones (like festival makeup looks that will have small children gawking). You know exactly what kind of glittery, bright looks we’re talking about — and you might even have a Pinterest board dedicated to them.
To show her readiness to bring color back into to our makeup stash, M Crowd influencer Ashley Hall created an ethereal festival-inspired makeup look to get you pumped for good music — all while rockin the best makeup look in the crowd.
Get the Look:
1. Start by prepping your skin with NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Primer and then apply NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation with a foundation brush.
2. Apply concealer and blend with NYX Complete Control Blending Sponge.
3. Contour your face using a contour stick and blend.
4. To start on your eyes, apply a transition shade to your crease and buff it out with an eyeshadow brush.
5. Using NYX Love You So Mochi Palette in Electric Pastels, take the bright magenta pink shade from the top row of the palette and apply to your lids, winging out the shadow at the ends. Extend the shadow under your eyes as well, and then blend.
6. Apply the yellow shade from the Love You So Mochi Palette in the second row over the pink shadow on your lid, keeping about a quarter of your eyelid pink, as well as keeping the pink wing. Blend.
7. Apply NYX Pigment Primer in the inner corner of your eyelid, followed by Shimmer Down Pigment in Platinum over the primer.
8. Put on falsies and dust away any excess powder from your face.
9. Bronze to add some more color, and then add blush — applying upwards towards your temples.
10. Highlight your cheekbones and then use NYX Pigment Primer underneath your eyes, followed by Shimmer Down Pigment in Platinum — creating an ethereal shape to draw attention to your eyes.
11. Apply NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Montreal followed by Lancôme L'Absolu Lacquer Gloss in Cafe Creme.
12. Using Lancôme Custom Highlight Drops in Rose Glow, add them to your chest and then blend. Follow with Lancôme Dual Finish Highlighter in Radiant Rose Gold.
13. Finally, add more highlighter to your cheeks for your most radiant, ethereal look yet.