As we’ve learned the hard way before, cutting your hair can be an emotional experience. But, truth be told, it actually feels great to start a new chapter of your life with a different look. Here are 10 reasons why you should ask your stylist to reach for the scissors this 2018 — it’s time to leave 2017 behind.
1. Trying something new. A new haircut is your way of telling the world you’re turning over a fresh, new leaf.
2. Letting go of old habits. That basic ponytail was great for your teenage years, but it's time to embrace change: It's 2018!
3. Emulating your celeb girl-crush. She looks amazing in her new 'do, doesn't she? Go for it yourself while the look is hot!
4. You’re losing your hair. If you’re losing your hair with age, a little snip will bring you a fresh, youthful look — and will be healthy for your tresses in the long run.
5. You want a new job. A new 'do does wonders for an interview.
6. It’s better than a wig. That party wig on New Year's Eve was so sassy and fun. Carry that feeling forward with the real deal.
7. Get out of your comfort zone. Never had bangs? What’s the worst that can happen? They’ll grow back.
8. Hairstylists know their stuff. You can trust their vision and advice.
9. Let go of your inhibitions. If being frivolous is not in your nature, now’s the time for change.
10. Because you’re worth it: It’s totally true. You’re worth a new, fresh look and a million-dollar crop.
What's your hair resolution this year? Share it in the comments!