For one of those nights you want to really impress, hold off on the smoky eye and bold, red lip because Team MDC has a new go-to look for you ladies! You know the trending color that has taken over all of your rings, watches, phone cases, nail polish shades and soon-to-be makeup palette? Still guessing? It’s the ultra feminine, hopelessly romantic rose gold! With the help of makeup artist Alana Dawn, we have the perfect way to rock this season’s prettiest hue! Oh, and did we mention that rose gold looks great on any skin tone!?
1. Apply an eye shadow base and makeup primer to lids and skin using Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Lancôme La Base Pro Hydra Glow for extended wear. Apply a weightless-finish foundation like Urban Decay Naked Skin.
2. Apply loose, rose gold pigment or powder like NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow in Fantasy to your lids and the inner corners of your eyes using a flat shadow brush.
3. With a blending brush, gently contour and define the crease of your eyelid using a soft, natural brown shadow like L’Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Eye Shadow Duo in Mocha Buff.
4. Line upper lids with a brown gel eyeliner like Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Brown and slightly wing out the corners. Apply liner to your top and bottom waterline as well and smoke out color underneath your bottom lash line.
5. Curl lashes and coat them with YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Baby Doll in Fetish Black to add volume and length!
6. Using a blush brush, apply a soft pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and highlight cheekbones with a pigmented light-reflector like Urban Decay Naked Illuminated in Aura to really give your complexion a rose gold pop!
7. Finish off your killer look by applying a shimmery gold lipstick like Maybelline Color Sensational LipColor in Warm Latte and top it off with a sheer gloss like Maybelline Color Elixir by Color Sensational in Nude Illusion.
About the Author:Diana creates on-trend beauty content for Makeup.com readers. She stays up-to-date on the latest beauty news and product launches and tests every makeup item that comes through the door. As an employee of L’Oréal, Diana writes stories about beauty products across the entire brand portfolio.