Like any beauty lover, YouTube makeup tutorials are our total guilty pleasure. In fact, we have YouTube to thank for everything from our obsession with wash day routines to mastering overnight hairstyles.
Below, we’ve rounded up the best YouTube makeup tutorials with step-by-step notes on exactly how to achieve each look.
2. Next, go in with your Maybelline The City Mini Palette in Downtown Sunrise, and place the lightest peach shade in your crease as your eyeshadow base. Next, go in with the beachy-bronze medium shade in the Rooftop Bronzes palette, and pack that all over your lid. Next, take the matte brown shade from Downtown Sunrise and sweep that into your crease, and pop a bit of the champagne shade onto the center of your lid for a little highlight.
LYSS RYANN - FIVE BACK TO SCHOOL HEADBAND HAIRSTYLES
1. Lyss’s first style is super easy – simply slide on a cute squiggle metal headband for a 90’s inspired look.
2. For her second look, start twisting the front section of your hair – beginning from the part above your ear, across your entire crown. Once you’ve gotten to the other side, secure it with a small elastic, while keeping the rest of your hair down.
3. Start the third tutorial with a section of hair extensions, and begin braiding them. Clip in the extension underneath the right section of your hair, and cross it over to the left side, clipping it under another section of hair, and your false braid headband is complete!
4. For the fourth hairstyle, start by french braiding the front section of hair above your ear. Continue the braid down until your reach the midsection of your ear, and secure it with an elastic.
5. Building off the fourth hairstyle, french braid the other front section and secure it with an elastic.
This Back-to-School Makeup Routine
JAMES CHARLES - 10 MIN DRUGSTORE BACK TO SCHOOL ROUTINE
1. Start by prepping your face with your favorite moisturizer, and apply Covergirl’s Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation. Next, conceal your under eye circles and any blemishes with the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.
2. Next, sweep Sauced from your Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette across your outer to inner crease, this will be your base and transition shade. Also work this color onto your lower lash line, and don’t be afraid to smoke it out.
3. Next, pack He Devil onto your inner and outer corners, and also work it down onto your lower lash line as well.
4. After blending out He Devil, buff En Fuego out onto the same places where you applied your first two colors: on your outer and inner corners, as well as on your lash line. 5.Repeat this step once more with Ashes, and blend blend blend these out.
6. On the center of the lid, pack on Scorched to highlight that area, and buff out the rest of your shadows once more.
7. Next, Melissa uses Lumbre to highlight the inner corners of her eyes.
3. Next, apply a matte brown pigment by Jessie’s Girl to your transition area, and fill in your brows with the L’Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in Deep Mocha.
4. Apply Jessie’s Girl Eye Dust in Antique Green on your lids, and also pack Jessie’s Girl Sunlit Cactus into your inner corners. Blend out Blackstar Blue, also by Jessie’s Girl, into your outer corner.