In our culture, we are continuously bombarded with images of perfect (or perfectly air-brushed) beauties. The faces on these goddesses appear blemish-free, silky-smooth, pore-less and toned — in a word, flawless. However, we should also be aware of the reality of these images, which is that they are all illusions. Trust me ladies, even the most gorgeous supermodels break out, and many of them struggle with even more serious skin issues as well. The key to their success lies in… that’s right. The makeup. And, who says models and movie stars should have all the tricks to covering up blemishes and other unsightly facial problems? Today there are so many incredible products and methods that do a great job in making your skin appear flawless and fabulous! Don’t believe me? See (or read) for yourself!
1. When addressing these puffy peepers, one of the key factors does not involve makeup, but rather some trusty H2O. Drink water! Also, cool compresses are soothing, so you can use the old trick of applying cucumber slices or chilled tea bags on your eyes for a few minutes. This should reduce some of the swelling prior to makeup application.
2. Apply moisturizer followed by an eye treatment that specifically targets under-eye bags, like L’Oréal RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream. When applying the treatment, use gentle tapping motions with your finger until the product is completely absorbed.
1. For pesky under-eye shadows, I prefer using a concealer that combines treatment and coverage. Try a multi-action product like L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift CC Eye Concealer, which offers coverage while rolling away signs of fatigue and dark circles around the eye area to keep you looking more youthful and vibrant.
2. Work the concealer into the darkest parts of the under-eye area, using gentle massaging motions. This will help increase blood flow to the area. Remember, when applying light shades (like concealer), you are bringing features forward. Applying concealer into these deeper areas will create the illusion of depth coming forward, thereby diminishing the shadow.
1. Again, here, I prefer a multi-tasking product, which provides treatment and coverage in one step. Try a product like Murad Acne Treatment Concealer, which clears blemishes with maximum-strength salicylic acid, while providing instant, natural-looking coverage.
2. If you have a fave non-concealing blemish treatment, you can always apply that first, and then throw on your chosen concealer. For ultimate coverage, try DermaBlend Quick-Fix Concealer, which offers smooth, blendable texture with long-lasting wear. Follow it up with your foundation and, for good measure, you can retouch your blemish with concealer afterward. Now, all you need to do is set with finishing powder and you’re good to go!