We can’t teach you to fly. We’ve got a little magic up our sleeves, but not that much. We can, however, give you wings — well, winged eyeliner. But no, you don’t understand, you might be thinking as you envision the hot mess you had on your shaky hands last time you tried applying winged eyeliner. We know — it isn’t a skill that comes easily to everyone. But when armed with these six tricks, we have confidence in you. Give them a try!
1. Draw the shape in with pencil first. Are you more comfortable with eyeliner pencil than liquid or gel liner? This tricks is for you. Instead of going straight to town with the ever-daunting liquid liner, try outlining the shape of your wing with a pencil eyeliner and then trace the shape with a thin liquid eyeliner like L’Oréal Infallible The Super Slim By Infallible Black.
2. Use a spoon. Use the shape of the spoon to trace your wing.
3. Use a business card. Don’t have a spoon handy? Do you have a business card in your wallet? (You probably do.)
4. Use some tape. This is a classic no-fail trick. If you haven’t tried this one yet, you’re doing it wrong.
5. Draw the flick backwards. Instead of trying to make the point of the flick on your winged eyeliner meet the spot you want it to end, try starting at the end and following the shape in toward your nose instead.
6. Connect the dots. You never knew a simple game of Connect-the-Dots would become so handy, did you?
Have you tried any of these winged eyeliner tricks? We want to know! Tell us in the comments below.
About the Author:As managing editor, Jessyca works with the team to develop the Makeup.com vision and bring it to life on the page.