Here at MDC, we're always on the lookout for top-of-the-line beauty gurus to share advice on hair, makeup and skin care. Today, we are thrilled to have nail expert Kait Mosh share her unique ideas on how to keep your digits looking fabulous for fall.
This super-simple nail look takes a tomboy twist on the popular nude nail trend. This time, rather than a delicate and shiny finish, get a little rough with a matte top coat. Similar looks were found backstage at Alexander Wang and DKNY at Fall 2014 New York Fashion Week. Want to get the look? Check out this easy tutorial!
● Rubbing alcohol
● Base coat like ORLY Rubberized Base Coat
● Nude nail polish (like essie Allure)
● Matte top coat (like essie Matte About You)
1. Start with clean, filed nails that have been wiped thoroughly with alcohol to free the nail bed of any oil or dirt.
2. Apply base coat.
3. Paint two coats of your favorite nude. Let your nails dry for three to five minutes.
4. Finish off with matte top coat and allow it to dry. Pro tip: To keep this mani looking moisturized without losing the matte effect, use cuticle creams or lotions regularly. Also, paint a fresh matte top coat every other day to keep your mani looking sharp.
How do you feel about this fall mani? Sound off in the comments below.
Photography: Kait Mosh
About the Author: