Your Sneak Peek at the New York Fall/Winter 2017 Fashion Shows
Get ready to take your makeup to the dark side. This season’s backstage makeup trends were all about deep, rich color either on eyes or lips and flawless skin. Shades ranging from vivid reds to the deepest plums and merlots were used not only on lips but eyes too. Whichever feature sported that hue, the opposite was bathed in matte nudes, while brows were groomed to perfection. Come fall, this powerful, confident woman is taking her place front and center.
Click through our slideshow for more details on how to get each and every look, plus find out what makeup products you’ll need in your beauty arsenal.
1 / 24
Alice & Olivia
Inspired by Salman Rushdie’s The Enchantress of Florence, which tells the story of a mysterious woman who uses her powers of enchantment to control her own destiny in a man’s world, Maybelline New York makeup artist Erin Parsons created a look that was tough by romantic at the same time. She paired a dark and edgy lip with a soft metallic rose-gold eye.
Inspired by the Edwardian designs of the collection, Maybelline New York makeup artist Benjamin Puckey created a romantic look. “The dusty cheeks and rust colored eye contour gives the girls a softness to their face,” says Puckey.
3. The outer corners of lashes got several coats of Great Lash Mascara in Royal Blue (launching in April 2017) to open up the eye area.
4. To create the two-tone lip, Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Orange Obsession was applied to the top lip, then Red Punch was patted onto the bottom lip. Color Sensation Vivid Hot Lacquer (available in July) in So Hot was applied overtop of the top lip, while Classic was added to the bottom lip for a glossy, stain effect.
11 / 24
Yadim chose a bold red lip as part of the makeup look since it “signifies a woman’s power over a man.”
4. Lips get a double-dose of color with Color Sensational The Loaded Boldsin Midnight Merlot and Pitch Black. For a super high-shine finish, lips were then brushed with Color Sensational Vivid Hot Lacquer in Obsessed and Classic.
13 / 24
Parsons took inspiration from the British gardens set design, honing in on the burgundy shade. Her idea was for the girls to look gorgeous, sexy and flirty.
3. The teenage flush was created by mixing Matte Metallics by Color Sensational in Copper Rose and Hot Lava (launching in July 2017), and using a fluffy brush to apply the color on the cheeks and down the jawline so it looked like the models were naturally blushing.
5. The same two lip shades that were used on the cheeks, were then tapped onto lips for a light stain.
19 / 24
Embracing both his models unique personalities and the colors used in the fashion collection, designer Philipp Plein and makeup artist Yadim wanted each look to be slightly different using blacks, reds and pewter grays on either eyes or cheeks.
3. The top of the eyelid is lined with Matte Metallics by Color Sensational in Copper Rose, using an angled liner brush. The top lash line is then tightlined with Lash Sensational Curvitude Liner (launching in July 2017). Finally, top and bottom lashes get coated with The Colossal Big Shot Mascara.